INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FESTIVAL OF PERFORMING ARTS // June 03 to 06, 2021, Theaterakademie August Everding
From June 3rd to June 6th 2021, UWE - DIE FESTIVAL will take place at the Theaterakademie August Everding in Munich, Germany, for the fourth time.
UWE makes encounter, exchange and experiment possible. UWE stands for emancipation from role assignments, from genre categories, from traditional theatre organisations, from the elitist ivory tower, from the virtual space, from isolation. UWE is diverse.
UWE serves as an international networking platform for young, practical works created in student contexts. UWE invites you to think beyond boundaries and genres, categories and stereotypes and is looking forward to your productions – be they analogue or digital.
UWE – DIE FESTIVAL lives through international exchange. It is carried by us, a team of students from the Theaterakademie, and stimulated by YOU with artistic impulses and contents!
Who can participate?
We invite plays and other artistic works that were created by students in theatre training or at university in all of Europe. We welcome all possible genres of performing arts. Especially, we are looking for works that can be realized under current pandemic rules. Small teams are preferred!
What do we offer?
• The possibility to show your works to other students on professionally equipped stages
• A diverse accompanying programme with workshops, discussions and much more
• Sleeping accomodation in Munich for everyone who does not have access to private accommodation
• Subsidies available for the costs incurred for transport and the journey to and from the festival
• Text and video reports about the festival
The deadline for your application is January 22th 2021.
Your application should contain the following:
• A short but precise description of your production taking into account the current hygienic measures (1-2 pages)
• Short biographies of all participants
• Pictures and/or videos of your production (a link is sufficient)
• Indication of the duration (max. 60 minutes!)
• A technical rider with indications to the sound, video and lighting concept as well as the required equipment
• A rough calculation of your travelling and transportation costs
• Productions that require stage preparations of more than an hour cannot be considered unfortunately.
Applications as a pdf-document only to:
The chosen productions will be announced in the beginning of March 2021. Since short-term changes due to possible travel restrictions cannot be excluded, there will be a list of successors. The judges´ decision is final.
Feel free to contact us via E-Mail: email@example.com